generate an N-node random binary search tree

yogi_bear_79

I am enrolled in distance learning class, this amounts to self taught.
I have a book and that is about it. below is my assingment. The book
doesn't prove useful for examples, and I haven't had much look on the
web. I am not asking someone to do it for me, but a nudge in the
correct direction, a website anything!

Write a function to generate an N-node random binary search tree with
distinct keys L through N. What is the running time of the routine?

alasham.said

I am enrolled in distance learning class, this amounts to self taught.
I have a book and that is about it. below is my assingment. The book
doesn't prove useful for examples, and I haven't had much look on the
web. I am not asking someone to do it for me, but a nudge in the
correct direction, a website anything!

Write a function to generate an N-node random binary search tree with
distinct keys L through N. What is the running time of the routine?

Hello,

Google is your friend. (I even found a complete implementation,
although that would deprive you of trying yourself).

http://www.google.com/search?q=random+binary+search+tree

Regards.