GENERATE - cascaded

ALuPin

Hi,

I have the following GENERATE structure:

u_cluster : for m in cCLUSTER downto 0 generate

i_inst : xy
port map ( xyz_i => ...);

end generate;

Now I want to do the following:

u_cluster : for m in cCLUSTER downto 0 generate

u_cases: if m=0 or m=2 generate --else : no instantiation
i_inst : xy
port map ( xyz_i => ...);

end generate;

end generate;

How do I build that structure correctly ? Thank you for your
suggestions.

Rgds,
Andre

KJ

Hi,

I have the following GENERATE structure:

u_cluster : for m in cCLUSTER downto 0 generate

i_inst : xy
port map ( xyz_i => ...);

end generate;

Now I want to do the following:

u_cluster : for m in cCLUSTER downto 0 generate

u_cases: if m=0 or m=2 generate     --else : no instantiation
i_inst : xy
port map ( xyz_i => ...);

end generate;

end generate;

How do I build that structure correctly ? Thank you for your
suggestions.

Rgds,
Andre

What you have shown is correct...try it and see.

KJ

ALuPin

Hi KJ,

yes you are right. I was facing problems with some projekt files
making trouble to the compiler.
It works fine now.

Thank you.

Rgds,