Generate QR codes easily and a question.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Segall, Aug 21, 2009.

  1. David Segall

    David Segall Guest

    I was intrigued by a reference to QR codes
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code> in Martin Streicher's article
    in Linux Magazine
    <http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2008/97/WEB-GRAPHER>. The
    article is really about using Google Charts
    <http://code.google.com/apis/chart/>.

    I rushed to the site of my mobile (cell) phone provider and discovered
    that my phone could decode QR codes and, in addition, they provided an
    easy-to-use generator for the code
    <http://www.telstra.com.au/codes/create_your_own_code.cfm>. The result
    is at <http://www.profectus.com.au/contact.html#QR>.

    The question is about making the QR code look pretty. A Google image
    search for QR codes produced some with background images and some with
    logos embedded in the image. Does anyone know where I can find out how
    to do this? I would like the Profectus logo included in the QR code
    image.
    David Segall, Aug 21, 2009

  2. David Segall wrote:
    > I was intrigued by a reference to QR codes
    > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code> in Martin Streicher's article
    > in Linux Magazine
    > <http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2008/97/WEB-GRAPHER>. The
    > article is really about using Google Charts
    > <http://code.google.com/apis/chart/>.
    >
    > I rushed to the site of my mobile (cell) phone provider and discovered
    > that my phone could decode QR codes and, in addition, they provided an
    > easy-to-use generator for the code
    > <http://www.telstra.com.au/codes/create_your_own_code.cfm>. The result
    > is at <http://www.profectus.com.au/contact.html#QR>.
    >
    > The question is about making the QR code look pretty. A Google image
    > search for QR codes produced some with background images and some with
    > logos embedded in the image. Does anyone know where I can find out how
    > to do this? I would like the Profectus logo included in the QR code
    > image.

    What's this got to do with HTML, even indirectly?
    Harlan Messinger, Aug 21, 2009