generating a wm5 executable

Marco

Hi,
I'm quite a newbee on Python and have started developing apps on
PythonCE.

My .pyc files are running fine under windows mobile 5 but I'm a bit
stuck on how to generate single file executable packages under such
platform, nor I've found a lot of reference about it - seems to be
quite a niche.

Can I run py2exe runs under wm5?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Marco

kyosohma

Hi,
I'm quite a newbee on Python and have started developing apps on
PythonCE.

My .pyc files are running fine under windows mobile 5 but I'm a bit
stuck on how to generate single file executable packages under such
platform, nor I've found a lot of reference about it - seems to be
quite a niche.

Can I run py2exe runs under wm5?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Marco

I know some Python people use Inno Setup for packaging an executable
and I think that would work with Windows Mobile. They seem to be using
a mix of py2exe and Inno in some cases. Here's some links I found on
the topic:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/patches/2003-October/013672.html
http://innoconda.berlios.de/

Something to ponder and/or glean ideas from.

Mike