Generating proper classes with XSD.exe

Kees de Winter

Hi

I'm creating classes from XML documents using XSD.exe. The problem is that
whenever this program sees an element contained within another element, it
generates an array of classes. Wouldn't it be better if it generates
ArrayLists, or Generics? That would be much easier to work with (More
methods, Intellisense etc.).

Can the behavior of XSD.exe be adapted, or is there another tool that does
this?

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The XSD has not been updated for 2.0, so it does not work with the newer
features as you would expect. Can you alter it? Unlikely. Can you create
your own code generator? Certainly.

Guest

Take a look at XSDObjectGen. This is a plug-in from some MS people and it has
a VS 2005 command line executable. Much more sophisticated than XSD.EXE.
Also, on Sourceforge.net you can find "Dingo" which is even more
sophisticated than that.

Peter