Generating true type Fonts

Shashank Date

I am in the process of generating some simple reports on Windows XP using
Ruby 1.8.1.
All I want is Carriage Control (to print at specific locations on
pre-printed stationery),
a few standard Fonts (to control size of the printed text) and ability to
control Page
Orientation (landscape/portrait). Using MS Office is NOT an option.

I searched for libraries on Google and came up with FT2-Ruby:
http://www.pablotron.org/software/ft2-ruby/

This is a time-critical requirement (get it done in a couple of days), so I
am not
looking for a feature-full type-setting system, if the learning curve is
steep.
So stable, easy to use is a must.

Any other suggestions, ideas etc.
-- shanko