Generic Session Timeout Trap?

Guest

Has anyone got some generic code that identifies when a session has timed out in ASP.NE

If I add a session variable in Session_Start then when the session times out it readds the variable in Session_Start so I can not check this variable

I do not know if I will have a login type page where I can set the variable so the application may come in on several pages

The only way is to check each session variable on each page

It has been suggested not to use Session_End as this does not always fire especially in multi server cases

Thank

David

Guest

Hi, David

You might try to check those varibles in BeginRequest event of Application object. It occurs as the first event in the HTTP pipeline chain of execution when ASP.NET responds to a request.

Bin Song, MC