Gentle.Net: Inserts from an ObjectDataSource?

HockeyFan

I've got Gentle.Net objects bound to an ObjectDataSource. I have a
grid that comes up fine. I then have a DetailView that is bound to
another ObjectDataSource. When I try to update from the DetailView, I
can put a break point in the ItemInserting and/or ItemUpdating
handlers and step through and watch when the object is set. Each of
the object properties, minus the ID field, are set. The ID field is
left to zero, as this is the default. I never touch that. However,
stepping through I get the following error:

The 'Id" property on the type specified by the DataObjectTypeName
property in the ObjectDataSource odsCaseNoteDetail is readonly and its
value cannot be set.

I'm not trying to set that value. What's going on and how do some of
you work with Gentle.Net and an ObjectDataSource?