Get a value of an object in runtime

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mr. x, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello,
    In my program I have done something like this :

    <input text width = 100%>

    when I did in my program :

    currRow = mytable.rows(0) ' currrow is the row
    currCell = currRow.cells(0) ' currCell is the cell
    currControl = currCell.controls(0) ' currControl is the input text
    When I tried to do currControl.Text - I get the string <input text width =
    100%>, and I want to get the context of the input text.

    If I try to do currControl.Value, then I get an exception :
    System.MissingMemberException: Public member 'Value' on type
    'LiteralControl' not found

    How can I retreive the context of a control element?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Aug 30, 2003