get page name??

polilop

To be more precise. I have a form, when submitted calls a nother asp page
that takes the data out of the form
and dose something with the data. But i have a lot of pages with forms that
call upon the same asp page that handels
the data. I need to know from which page came the request.
I could work around this problem by adding hiddeen fields to the pages but
it would be easier if i could just get the name of the file(name of the
page).

Evertjan.

polilop wrote on 30 okt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
found it

Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

The problem is, it depends on the client's browser to implement this.
Inside one domain, I would opt for a hidden field option
[or both if you are realy paranoid].

<input type='hidden' name='theReferrer'
value='<%= Request.ServerVariables("URL") %>'>