    polilop Guest

    Is there a way to get the name of the page that was submited to another asp
    page??

    polilop, Oct 29, 2005

  2. polilop

    polilop Guest

    To be more precise. I have a form, when submitted calls a nother asp page
    that takes the data out of the form
    and dose something with the data. But i have a lot of pages with forms that
    call upon the same asp page that handels
    the data. I need to know from which page came the request.
    I could work around this problem by adding hiddeen fields to the pages but
    it would be easier if i could just get the name of the file(name of the
    page).

    polilop, Oct 30, 2005

  3. polilop

    polilop Guest

    found it

    Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

    polilop, Oct 30, 2005
  4. polilop

    Evertjan. Guest

    polilop wrote on 30 okt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > found it
    >
    > Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

    The problem is, it depends on the client's browser to implement this.
    Inside one domain, I would opt for a hidden field option
    [or both if you are realy paranoid].

    <input type='hidden' name='theReferrer'
    value='<%= Request.ServerVariables("URL") %>'>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 30, 2005