Get POST information from <form>......</form>

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by botdf, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. botdf

    botdf Guest

    Dear All,
    Recently I am assigned to get the POST information from the html
    <form>..</form> tags. The html looks like this :

    <FORM action="Get.aspx" method="post">
    <Input Name="TestField" value="TestValue" Date="TestDate">
    <input type="submit" value="SEND" >
    </FORM>

    Well, as all programmers know, it is easy to get the value of
    "TestField" in Get.aspx by using :

    string TestField = Request["TestField"];

    But is it possible to get the value of the non-standard attribute
    "Date" ?
    I try to print all information from Request.Params but found nothing
    related to the non-standard attribute "Date".

    Any ideas are welcome.

    Thanks !

    Eric
    botdf, Jan 26, 2005

  2. botdf

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    botdf wrote:

    > Dear All,
    > Recently I am assigned to get the POST information from the html
    > <form>..</form> tags. The html looks like this :
    >
    > <FORM action="Get.aspx" method="post">
    > <Input Name="TestField" value="TestValue" Date="TestDate">
    > <input type="submit" value="SEND" >
    > </FORM>
    >
    > Well, as all programmers know, it is easy to get the value of
    > "TestField" in Get.aspx by using :
    >
    > string TestField = Request["TestField"];
    >
    > But is it possible to get the value of the non-standard attribute
    > "Date" ?

    No -- it's not a request parameter. Use a hidden field of you want to
    attach some "hidden" data to your web form.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto: