    And i wonder if there is a way to know which is the decimal separator for the current user in my script.

    Thanks for your answers.

    , Oct 29, 2012

  2. Jim Gibson Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > i write a script to process files on different computer with various language.
    > And i wonder if there is a way to know which is the decimal separator for the
    > current user in my script.

    I don't really know, but a search for 'perl decimal separator' led to:

    perldoc -f sprintf

    and this:

    "If "use locale" is in effect and POSIX::setlocale() has been
    called, the character used for the decimal separator in
    formatted floating-point numbers is affected by the LC_NUMERIC
    locale. See perllocale and POSIX."

    --
    Jim Gibson

    Jim Gibson, Oct 29, 2012

  3. On 2012-10-29 13:45, <> wrote:
    > i write a script to process files on different computer with various language.
    > And i wonder if there is a way to know which is the decimal separator
    > for the current user in my script.

    POSIX::localeconv

    hp

    __/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | zusammenpaƟt. -- Ralph Babel