Get value current CPU's free cycles

salman

i want to get current cpu free cycles (ex. 98% cpu cycle is free etc ),
or any idea to get the value of System Idle Process (in Task Manager).
please reply.

Victor Bazarov

salman said:
i want to get current cpu free cycles (ex. 98% cpu cycle is free etc ),
or any idea to get the value of System Idle Process (in Task Manager).

Since you seem to be asking about Windows OS, you need to post your OS-
specific question to 'comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.*' family of NGs.
There is no way to do what you ask using Standard C++ means alone.

Tomás

salman posted:
i want to get current cpu free cycles (ex. 98% cpu cycle is free etc ),
or any idea to get the value of System Idle Process (in Task Manager).
please reply.

We don't deal with Windows-specific stuff. Go to:

microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel

-Tomás

Kaz Kylheku

salman said:
i want to get current cpu free cycles (ex. 98% cpu cycle is free etc ),
or any idea to get the value of System Idle Process (in Task Manager).
please reply.

You already looked in MSDN, but couldn't find the answer, right?

And nobody in microsoft.public.win32.programmer was able to help.

That still doesn't make this a good question for the C++ newsgroup.