Getting a ClientID of a control in the footer

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

technically it ain't any different from getting the ClientID normally from
control that is using ClientID property. On containing Control's PreRender
event you could get it for example. Getting the ClientID is too early at
ItemCreated as containing control (I assume you mean Repeater, DataGrid or
DataList here) has not yet added the child control to the control tree yet,
so ClientID is not resolved yet, though you could get reference to the child
control at ItemCreated but check the ClientID from this reference at
PreRender. That should do it.