Getting importError: No module named _md5

jeffself

I'm running Python 2.5.1 which I'm getting from the MacPort package
system. I just installed Django and tried to start up the Django
server and I got the following error:

ImportError: No module named _md5

I'm pretty sure this is a python problem, not Django problem. I'm
looking in the python2.5 directory and I see md5.py, md5.pyc and
md5.pyo files.

Any suggestions?

half.italian

I'm running Python 2.5.1 which I'm getting from the MacPort package
system. I just installed Django and tried to start up the Django
server and I got the following error:

ImportError: No module named _md5

I'm pretty sure this is a python problem, not Django problem. I'm
looking in the python2.5 directory and I see md5.py, md5.pyc and
md5.pyo files.

Any suggestions?

Try to load the md5 module from the interactive prompt. Are you using
the python version you expect? Try starting up your previous version
of python and see if you get the same error. Delete the MacPort
install and install from source.

My 2 cents.

~Sean

jeffself

Try to load the md5 module from the interactive prompt. Are you using
the python version you expect? Try starting up your previous version
of python and see if you get the same error. Delete the MacPort
install and install from source.

My 2 cents.

~Sean

I reinstalled Python from source and it worked. Thanks!