Getting python script to write to input box on another window

sophie_newbie

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to get a python script to write text
to an input box in a window of another program that is running? For
example a text box in a web browser window?

Thanks!

Duncan Booth

sophie_newbie said:
I'm wondering if there is a way to get a python script to write text
to an input box in a window of another program that is running? For
example a text box in a web browser window?
Yes there is, but the solution depends on the operating system
and the program so you'll have to be more specific.

For Windows and IE you could use COM to connect to the
running application and you can then manipulate the DOM: see

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/co..._frm/thread/74e6e3d1321677fc/e2359e3ff6b905ca

for an example.

Gabriel Genellina

I'm wondering if there is a way to get a python script to write text
to an input box in a window of another program that is running? For
example a text box in a web browser window?

You could use pyWinAuto on Windows.