Getting the target Ip number of a POST SUBMIT

marc

Say I do a post/submit in javascript, is there a way to get the ip
address of the server I am aiming the request to?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

marc said:
Say I do a post/submit in javascript, is there a way to get the ip
address of the server I am aiming the request to?

Yes, but only with a response that includes that IP address, or another
request to the same server and a different resource that generates a
response to contain that information, or a resource on another server
that generates that kind of response if it has a fully qualified domain
name submitted to it. There is no built-in name-resolving feature in JS
or the (I)XMLHttpRequest interface, if you mean that, and the server is
unlikely to send a response header containing its IP address.

PointedEars