Getting Things Done in IRB (A sort of TODO list thing)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gregory Brown, Aug 12, 2006.

  1. Hi folks.

    Just a little script to share with any folks who've read and follow
    the Getting Things Done system. I must warn you, this is a grossly
    simplified (or more positively, open ended) implementation of the
    system.

    I generally use my own lazy style of GTD where I keep most actions
    unlabeled until I feel like they need to be. When I do label them, I
    don't necessarily use the labels the book suggested, but rather just
    assign arbitrary tags to them that are meaningful to me.

    So the following bit of code allows me to manage a TODO list from any
    of my irb sessions, and I just use pure ruby to do complex finds and
    stuff when necessary.

    It's definitely not a complete solution, but I figured it might spark
    a few ideas,

    Example and code: http://pastie.caboo.se/8281

    I initialize a pstore db in my .irbrc to allow me global access.
    Gregory Brown, Aug 12, 2006

  2. Gregory Brown

    Matt Todd Guest

    So your .irbc will include

    GTD.init "~/.gtd"

    (or whatever the location is) which is executed whenever IRB starts up?

    Pretty nifty!

    M.T.
    Matt Todd, Aug 13, 2006