'Ghost' DOM element

grimdonkey

Hello,

Is there any way to make an element (a div to be more precise) *not*
receive any events. By this I mean all events it should receive to be
targeted at elements visually underneath it.

More specifically i have transparent container divs which have other
elements in them. These containers can overlap, so it is possible for
an element in a bottom container to be overlapped by a
(transparent)part of the upper \container. I want the element in the
overlapped div to receive all events (mouseover, mousemove, mousedown
etc).
Clipping is not an option as long as I can only clip rectangular
regions.

I have found some threads in this newsgroup dealing with the issue
but the solutions were always too specific. I actually need to 'relay'
all the events, not only to detect the moment when the events *should*
go to another element. The element being overlapped can have multiple
listeners.

Thank you in advance.