glibc detected double free or corruption

Grant Edwards

When I try to run pycadia <http://www.anti-particle.com/old/pycadia.shtml>
I get the following error message as soon as I click "start game"

*** glibc detected *** python: double free or corruption (out): 0xbff43b10 ***

Then the program locks up and has to be killed with a SIGKILL.

pycadia is a pure-python program that uses pygame, pygtk, and
gtk.glade. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?