global.asa Application_OnEnd on on w2000

Guest

I still have no clear idea of Application_OnEnd functioning on w2000 both
Pro and Server.

I have this sub in my global.asa which is supposed to save Application scope
variables to a file. (then Application_OnStart will restore theses variables
from the file)

It worked fine on local w98/PWS and on ISP NT4-Server/IIS4
To initiate Application_OnEnd and Application_OnStart for test purposes it
was sufficient to re-upload global.asa
Also Application_OnEnd were fired and registered by global.asa when
shutting Windows down in a proper way.

On w2000 re-uploading global.asa does not trigger Application_OnEnd.
Nevertheless it does trigger Application_OnStart
Neither does Application_OnEnd work on shutting W2K down
Is it a known behavour or I am having some anomaly? Perhaps w2k need a
different syntax for Application_OnEnd ?