    Why has Global.asax become a script file in 2.0?
    I cant find any documentation on the rational for this change?

    Lenny
    Learnicus, Mar 4, 2006

  2. Because, since global.asax has no user interface, anything you can compile
    in code-behind, which *has* a user interface, can be compiled in global.asax
    without needing to be compiled from global.asax.cs or global.asax.vb
    only to be recompiled again as global.asax.

    The process is one step simpler now.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 4, 2006