Globalization / localization in business layer

leodippolito

Hello sirs,

In my business layer classes I need to throw exceptions with error
messages that will be caught by the web pages and shown to the user.

Is there any way to enable globalization/localization for these
messages with ASP.NET 2.0? Or the built-in mechanism only works for
resources in the web pages?

Thanks.

Leonardo

Joined
Jun 29, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
resources in multi layers

Hi folks,

Following the same idea above, does anyone know what's the best approach for having resource files under multi layer project?

For instance my project has 4 layers, Domain, Application, Business (or WebServices) and Presentation layer. I know we can add resources files to each one of them and have specific error messages, email texts, label descriptions etcetera in different laguages. But is it anyhow possible sharing App_GlobalResources folder to all layers so that we have a sort of centralized resources area? Has anyone faced the same issue and is willing to share with us?

Thanks in advance!