Globalization Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by VR, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. VR

    VR Guest

    Hi, I'm facing a little problem with an ASP.Net DataList Item Template.

    Inside this Template I put an asp:linkButton control and set it's text to
    "Click
    me".

    When I tryed to get the value from a Resource with a ResourceManager
    object and write it to the control's text property inside the Template I got
    a blank string:

    <asp:LinkButton CommandArgument="1" OnClick="DoSth">
    <%= resMang.GetString("linkButtonString")%>
    </asp:LinkButton>

    Then I tryed to build this Template by code and things got worse, the code
    above is sent right to the browser.

    Does anyone knows how to use a resource string to set a web server control's
    text property inside a DataList Item Template in an ASP.Net Web Form?

    Thanks a lot,
    Victor
    VR, Jan 22, 2005