Gmail Talk/Meebo and Polling using Ajax

kelvin.jones

Hi guys, I have read several discussions on this group (and others)
that talk about polling a server using ajax transactions and if it is
possible to push to the client. The general consensus seems to be "no,
there is no way to push to client using ajax, you have to poll."

Knowing this, I assumed meebo.com and gmail talk are using the same
technique for their ajax chatting apps. However, when I use Fiddler to
sniff their http requests, I cant seem to detect any regular polling
requests. Why is this?

My questions are:
Is gmail talk/meebo doing something other than polling?
Is fiddler not detecting all of their requests? if so, why?

Your thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

KJ