GML validation and XPath

Andrew L

Hello all,

I am using the oXygen XML editor to create and edit some GML files. I am
having some problems though, and wondered if anyone may be able to help.

1. The GML (Geographic Markup Language) schema never wants to correctly
validate. Why is this? The following errors occur in the applcation .xsd
file:
Location: 21:70
'gml:geometryPropertyType' to a(n) 'type definition' component.

and in the OpenGIS reference schema geometry.xsd the following two errors
appear 3 times (one each for MultiPolygonType, MultiLineStringType and
MultiPointType)
Location: 297:40
mapping between the particles.

Location: 297:40
'MultiPolygonType'. The particle of the type is not a valid restriction of
the particle of the base.

2. Whenever I try to specify an XPath in this document I receive a message
saying XPath returned no results. Queries I have used include
//FeatureCollection and //FeatureCollection/gml:featureMember

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<FeatureCollection xmlns="http://mydomain/schemas"
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://mydomain/schemas event3.xsd">

<gml:boundedBy><gml:Box><gml:coordinates>100,100,100,100</gml:coordinates></gml:Box></gml:boundedBy>
<gml:featureMember>
<event>
<geometryProperty>
<gml:point>
<gml:coordinates>100,100</gml:coordinates>
</gml:point>
</geometryProperty>
<siteCode>AL1234</siteCode>
<date>2004-10-10</date>
<locationDescription>Somewhere</locationDescription>
<eventType>Excavation</eventType>
<period>Roman</period>
</event>
</gml:featureMember>
</FeatureCollection>

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

Andrew L

Sysinfo:
oXygen 3.0