Good websites on C programming interview questions

sun

Can someone share some good websites that provide tips on C programming job
interview questions?

I did not do well for my past interviews and I think I am going to lose my
current job soon. Some good websites will be very helpful.

Many many thanks in advance.

vippstar

Can someone share some good websites that provide tips on C programming job
interview questions?

I did not do well for my past interviews and I think I am going to lose my
current job soon. Some good websites will be very helpful.
Why don't you learn C then? You won't have to lose your job!
However, you could try the C faq, it's the most frequently asked
questions of this group.
<http://c-faq.com/>
If youi are still looking for interview samples, such question is off-
topic for this newsgroup, use a web search engine.

Flash Gordon

Why don't you learn C then? You won't have to lose your job!

You don't know what the OP is going to loose his current job. It could
be for a number of reasons. Also the reason the OP is not doing well at
interviews might be something other than lack of C skills.
However, you could try the C faq, it's the most frequently asked
questions of this group.
<http://c-faq.com/>
If youi are still looking for interview samples, such question is off-
topic for this newsgroup, use a web search engine.

Based on the sites people have posted links to in the past most of the
web sites with "interview" questions are complete and unadulterated
rubbish. I suggest that searching this group for interview questions
might be a bit more enlightening than a web search, but probably not
much, it would however show what the best advice the members of this
group have managed to come up with.

santosh

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Please don't top-post.
Hi Guys,

I came across a site that is really helpful preparing for interviews,
here is the link for that site:

http://interviewhelper.blogspot.com/2008/02/c-interview-quetions.html

This site will definitely help you to crack an interview.

Not really. I had a brief look and as far as I can see, all the
questions and their answers have been lifted from the comp.lang.c FAQ
maintained by Steve Summit at <http://www.c-faq.com/>, probably without
the permission of Steve.

Moreover only the first four parts have been "done". The other sections
contain only questions or a mix of questions and incomplete answers,
probably caused by broken HTML code.

People new to C will be better served by ignoring useless links who's
only claim to fame is copyright violation and going "straight to the
source" for the comp.lang.c FAQ at:

<http://www.c-faq.com/>

c.l.c also has a "wiki" reachable at:

<http://clc-wiki.net/>

Kenneth Brody

santosh said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Please don't top-post.

Not really. I had a brief look and as far as I can see, all the
questions and their answers have been lifted from the comp.lang.c FAQ
maintained by Steve Summit at <http://www.c-faq.com/>, probably without
the permission of Steve.

Not to mention, I'm not sure how some of the "answers" would help
during a job interview. For example:

I also doubt whether an interviewer would ask "how do you pronounce
'char'?"

Moreover only the first four parts have been "done". The other sections
contain only questions or a mix of questions and incomplete answers,
probably caused by broken HTML code.

Well, "part 14" has no answers at all, even in the raw HTML.
People new to C will be better served by ignoring useless links who's
only claim to fame is copyright violation and going "straight to the
source" for the comp.lang.c FAQ at:

<http://www.c-faq.com/>

c.l.c also has a "wiki" reachable at:

<http://clc-wiki.net/>

pmp

Not to mention, I'm not sure how some of the "answers" would help
during a job interview.  For example:

I also doubt whether an interviewer would ask "how do you pronounce
'char'?"

Well, "part 14" has no answers at all, even in the raw HTML.

| Kenneth J. Brody        |www.hvcomputer.com| #include              |
| kenbrody/at\spamcop.net |www.fptech.com    |    <std_disclaimer.h> |
Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:[email protected]>- Hide quoted text -

see http://www.itworld2.com here you will see online test of C++ and
other articles related to C++/c

Flash Gordon

pmp wrote, On 10/02/08 11:24:
Please don't quote peoples signatures, the bit typically after the "-- "
unless you are commenting on them. Also don't include those stupid "-
anything not relevant to your reply (but don't snip so much it does not
make sense on its own).
see http://www.itworld2.com here you will see online test of C++ and
other articles related to C++/c

Better yet, don't. That site includes sample code "to modify the value
of Constant variable in C++/C" without saying that it will not work on a
lot of implementations for any of a vast number of reasons (it invokes
undefined behaviour, of course, but there are specific reasons for it
not "working" on specific implementations).

Some of the code fails to allow for the fact that C and C++ are
generally case sensitive (header names specified in upper case), some is
C++ without indicating that it is not valid C, usage of "void main".
There are plenty more problems with the information on that site.

pmp

pmp wrote, On 10/02/08 11:24:

Please don't quote peoples signatures, the bit typically after the "-- "
unless you are commenting on them. Also don't include those stupid "-
anything not relevant to your reply (but don't snip so much it does not
make sense on its own).

Better yet, don't. That site includes sample code "to modify the value
of Constant variable inC++/C" without saying that it will not work on a
lot of implementations for any of a vast number of reasons (it invokes
undefined behaviour, of course, but there are specific reasons for it
not "working" on specific implementations).

Some of the code fails to allow for the fact that C andC++are
generally case sensitive (header names specified in upper case), some isC++without indicating that it is not valid C, usage of "void main".
There are plenty more problems with the information on that site.

if any body haa problem in compiling the code the let me know....

Coos Haak

Op Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:28:15 -0700 (PDT) schreef pmp:
if any body haa problem in compiling the code the let me know....

Seem someone can't or won't read ...

Kenneth Brody

pmp said:
pmp wrote, On 10/02/08 11:24: [...]
seehttp://www.itworld2.comhere you will seeonlinetestofC++and
other articles related toC++/c

Better yet, don't. That site includes sample code "to modify the value
of Constant variable inC++/C" without saying that it will not work on a
lot of implementations for any of a vast number of reasons (it invokes
undefined behaviour, of course, but there are specific reasons for it
not "working" on specific implementations).

Some of the code fails to allow for the fact that C andC++are
generally case sensitive (header names specified in upper case), some isC++without indicating that it is not valid C, usage of "void main".
There are plenty more problems with the information on that site.

if any body haa problem in compiling the code the let me know....

Okay, let's see...

=====

"Source Code to get Local Time of System in C/ C++"

Fails with this error:

foo.c:1: Time.h: No such file or directory

=====

"How to Open Executable files from C++(Website from C++ Code)"

Fails with this error:

foo.c: In function `main':
foo.c:5: `SW_SHOWNORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
foo.c:5: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
foo.c:5: for each function it appears in.)

(Ditto when compiled as C++, since your title does say "C++".)

=====

"Source Code[program][ to know that Number is Power of 2"

Fails with this error:

foo.c:7: parse error before `isPowerOf2'

=====

"How to find the greatest number of the two numbers without using
relational operator in C++"

(Okay, I should probably skip the ones marked as "C++", but I'm on a roll.)

Fails with this error:

foo.cpp:1: IOSTREAM.H : No such file or directory
foo.cpp:2: CONIO.H : No such file or directory
foo.cpp:3: MATH.H : No such file or directory

=====

"How to Reverse the Integer (int) using recursion in C/C++"

Fails with this error:

foo.c:1: IOSTREAM.H : No such file or directory
foo.c:2: CONIO.H : No such file or directory

(Ditto in C++ mode, since you reference the mythical "C/C++" language.)

=====

Shall I go on?