Got it!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rtmc, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. rtmc

    rtmc Guest

    Hi Everyone - thanks very much for your responses, I really appreciate
    your efforts! I had someone give me "the fix", and it appears this is
    now working as I had hoped. For anyone else who may come across this
    and need help, here's what I did....

    I created a random string as follows (lots of ways you could do this):

    string Random = DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString();

    Then, when calling an image, I would append this to the image name.
    So, it would look something like :

    imgThumb.src = "images/thumb1.jpg?random=" + Random;

    This had no effect on the display of the image, but it essentially
    gives each image a 'different' name, forcing the browser to go get the
    image each time. Seems quite simple, but this sure had me stumped.
    Thanks again to everyone for the help, especially Joerg Jooss, who
    provided me with this answer on another board.

    Ryan

    rtmc, Sep 22, 2004