    IE). Please help me to solve this isse.

    Thanks,
    Jay

    jaydev, Sep 22, 2006

  2. jaydev wrote:
    > I want to create Gradient color in my header (just like in microsoft
    > site) but we don;t want use the image for that and also it should
    > work in all browsers (If i use
    > filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient, it works only in
    > IE). Please help me to solve this isse.

    Not possible. Use an image.

    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 22, 2006

  3. jaydev

    mbstevens Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:06:45 -0400, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > jaydev wrote:
    >> I want to create Gradient color in my header (just like in microsoft
    >> site) but we don;t want use the image for that and also it should work
    >> in all browsers (If i use
    >> filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient, it works only in IE).
    >> Please help me to solve this isse.

    > Not possible. Use an image.

    Correct.
    Luckily, you can often use one hell of a small image, however. 1px high
    and the gradient wide, or the other way around. The download time can be
    quite small. Just set it to repeat horizontally or vertically. So there
    is no real reason for the OP to avoid an image.

    mbstevens, Sep 22, 2006
  4. jaydev

    Toby Inkster Guest

    jaydev wrote:

    > I want to create Gradient color in my header but we don;t want use the
    > image for that

    Then you must use IE-specific code instead.

    > and also it should work in all browsers

    Then you must use an image.

    Take your pick.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 22, 2006
  5. jaydev

    Toby Inkster Guest

    mbstevens wrote:

    > So there is no real reason for the OP to avoid an image.

    Scalability.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 22, 2006
  6. jaydev

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "jaydev" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I want to create Gradient color in my header (just like in microsoft
    > site) but we don;t want use the image for that and also it should work
    > in all browsers (If i use
    > filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient, it works only in
    > IE). Please help me to solve this isse.

    If you want it to work in a lot of browsers, stop not wanting to
    use an image.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 22, 2006
  7. jaydev

    mbstevens Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:02:05 +0100, Toby Inkster wrote:

    > mbstevens wrote:
    >
    >> So there is no real reason for the OP to avoid an image.

    > Scalability.

    I suppose that is right, if the gradient container was wide enough to run
    into problems with different sized windows. Still, I don't see a _lot_ of
    problem with cropping the full dark-to-light scale of the gradient if the
    div cuts it off. At least not in most cases.

    mbstevens, Sep 23, 2006
  8. jaydev

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    jaydev wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to create Gradient color in my header (just like in microsoft
    > site) but we don;t want use the image for that and also it should work
    > in all browsers (If i use
    > filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient, it works only in
    > IE). Please help me to solve this isse.

    Although your best bet likely is using an image as suggested by others,
    it is quite possible to produce a color gradient that works in most
    current browsers. See http://www.cwdjr.net/geometric/curve_write2.html
    .. This works on the most recent(and many older versions)of IE6,
    Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla, and even the very old WebTV 2.8 set
    top box viewer program. It uses Javascript to produce the grad color
    effect, and I have done this for several years. I have always used it
    on pages that required script for something else anyway. However if you
    wanted it to work alone on a page that did not otherwise require
    script, you might be able to do this on the server using php script in
    case you worry that someone might have javascript turned off on their
    browser

    cwdjrxyz, Sep 23, 2006