    What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
    websites?

    Matt

    Matt, Oct 24, 2005

  2. "Matt" <> said:

    > What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics
    > for websites?

    Anytime you ask for the"best" of anything, you wil receive subjective
    answers:

    Photoshop ($400 us)
    PaintShop Pro ($99 us)
    Gimp (free)

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Matt

    Joseph S. Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
    > websites?

    If you want simple logos quickly, have a look at
    (1) grsites.com - GRSites logo maker
    (2) cooltext.com

    Regards,
    Joseph S.

    Joseph S., Oct 24, 2005
  4. Joseph S. wrote:
    > If you want simple logos quickly, have a look at
    > (1) grsites.com - GRSites logo maker
    > (2) cooltext.com

    These are good for a personal site, but if you want something
    professional, look elsewhere...

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Matt

    windandwaves Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
    > websites?
    >
    > Matt

    use a pencil and scan the image then touch it up in photoshop if you have
    to.

    windandwaves, Oct 24, 2005
  6. windandwaves wrote:
    > > What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
    > > websites?

    > use a pencil and scan the image then touch it up in photoshop if you have
    > to.

    If you have it (independently wealthy or your company has it), I would
    scan and import the drawing into Adobe Illustrator, live trace it, then
    export to Photoshop for the finishing touches.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Oct 24, 2005
  7. Matt

    JDS Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:40:58 -0500, Matt wrote:

    > What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
    > websites?

    There is a lot of software available. No tool will substitute for talent
    and hard work, however. I have seen amazing graphics created with Windows
    Paint and shitty graphics created in Photoshop.

    No fancy software package will make a bad artist/designer into Picasso or
    Mies van der Rohe. (Or substitute other artist if you are not a Picasso or
    mvdr fan).

    For zero dollars, I recommend Inkscape and Gimp. You can install and use
    them for free and create anything that Adobe products will let you create.

    --
    JDS | lid

    JDS, Oct 24, 2005
  8. Matt

    Tha RagMan Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:40:58 -0500, "Matt" <> wrote:

    >What is the best software to use to design banners and graphics for
    >websites?

    Go to xara.com and download webstyle and try it out. It is the best
    thing I've found for banners, buttons and the like. The best part is
    it is completely idiot proof which was a must for me.

    Tha RagMan, Oct 24, 2005