Grid in ASP.Net like Windows Forms

Alfredo

Hi,

I have a question. Is it possible reproduce the behavior of windows
forms datagrid in asp.net? For example, I want to fill the grid, but
the data must not be inserted in my database. I think use a dataset in
session or viewstate, but i think this is very heavy, what do you think
? do you have any example? or url?

Thanks,

Alfredo Barrientos

Grant Merwitz

A dataset does have a lot of overhead, and is costly to Session and
Viewstate

Try using something like an array which is less costly
This can too be bound to a datagrid

Alfredo Barrientos

Hi Grant,

An Array or an ArrayList? Which is the least costly?

In Viewstate or session?

Is there any way to get a dataset from datagrid viewstate?

Thanks,

Alfredo Barrientos