Grid selection need to run routine

Guest

I have a need to automatically save a record when a user leaves me form.
Everything works great unless the user uses the grid and selects an item via
a link column. Then I can't capture the record save (whihc I do via images
buttons; save and add detail record). The routine runs the btn_save command
for me (then I determine is save new or modify).

Any ideas on how to run my routine if the user selects a grid item (detail
item)?
Here's the template column:

<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="view" HeaderStyle-CssClass="gridqtext"
ItemStyle-CssClass="gridtext">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Hyperlink Width="55" runat="server" Text= 'view detail'
NavigateUrl='<%# "concern_detail.aspx?cn=" &
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Concern_Number").tostring & _
"&d=" & DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Concern_DID").tostring %>'
ID="Hyperlink1"/>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

Thanx!

Guest

solved by replacing with a linkButton and keying off the Command name,
arument, etc.