GridLayout orientation

Phil

Hi,

I need to layout components on a panel in sequence from top to bottom, left
to right i.e.

147
258
369

It seems JPanel.setComponentOrientation(ComponentOrientation co) should
allow this but I'm only able to set LEFT_TO_RIGHT and RIGHT_TO_LEFT, not top
to bottom.

A ComponentOrientation object can be created using a Locale:
e.g. co = ComponentOrientation.getOrientation(Locale.Korea)
but none that I have installed on my JVM (1.4.1) specify non-horizontal
orientation.

Presumably there must be a way to set vertical orientation more explicitly,
does anyone here know how?

Appreciate any help,
Phil