GridView add multiple controls to edit item template

Guest

when I try to add two controls to an item template, I cannot figure out how
to keep them on a single line. the functionality is just fine but how do I
get the controls to render on a single line? No matter the width of the
template column width, they alyways render in seperate lines which alters the
row height.

thank you in advance

<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"
Text='<%# Bind("project") %>'></asp:TextBox>
<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton3" runat="server"
OnClick="LinkButton3_Click">PV</asp:LinkButton>
</EditItemTemplate>

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

YOu should be able to pull the controls up, like so

<EditItemTemplate><asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1"
runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("project") %>'/><asp:LinkButton
ID="LinkButton3" runat="server"
OnClick="LinkButton3_Click">PV</asp:LinkButton>
</EditItemTemplate>

As long as the line breaks are in the middle of tags, IE is fooled into
sticking them on the same line. THe same is true with most, if not all
browsers.

Guest

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunatly the results are the same as before.
I copied and pasted the code from window. I am not sure that I understand
what you mean by the line breaks.

Thanks
Jerod