GridView Column Color Change

dm1608

I have a GridView that is using an ObjectDataSource to populate.

One of my columns is named "Status" and can have a value of "Complete",
"Error", "Active", and "Unknown". I would like to have the text for the
word "Error" displayed in RED letters. How can I do this with a GridView
control?

Siva

Hi,

One of the way to Acheive this you have to use the "RowDataBound Event" you
can check if the text of the cell is "Error" and there you can make the
Color of that text to Red.

//If you know the column index , I assume the column is 3 in this sample
code and applied.
if(e.Row.Cells[3].Text=="Error")

{

e.Row.Cells[3].ForeColor = Color.Red;

}

hope that helps

Regards,

A.Sivakumar.

dm1608

Thanks --

Does anyone know of a way to do this with hardcoding the column #?

dm1608 said:
I have a GridView that is using an ObjectDataSource to populate.

One of my columns is named "Status" and can have a value of "Complete",
"Error", "Active", and "Unknown". I would like to have the text for the
word "Error" displayed in RED letters. How can I do this with a GridView
control?

Hari

Hi ,
I am a begginer to ASp.Net ,so there should be some easy way for this i am
not sure.

I guess you can use templates for this( i dont have a full code now reg
this) ,
something like this.
SomeList = (Label) e.Item.FindControl("lblsomeID");
assuming a label is kept in that template"
and changing thats templates label color can provide the same result.

Regards,
Hari