GridView: how to remove a row

HockeyFan

I have a webcontrol that was written to be used in an application that
allows for updating and inserts.
I want to use this same control, but setting it to read-only and not
allowing inserts or updating. removing the buttons, or at least
making them not visible is easy. However, I haven't figured out how
to get rid of the bottom row (which always is the insert row, a
footer).
So how do I go into the gridview and remove the last row?