    does for me behind the scenes).

    i.e. When I retrieve data to display in my GridView is a reload of the
    page from the server required?

    Angel Of Death, Oct 2, 2006

  2. Re: GridView & ObjectDataSource (functionality is client side or server side?)

    The ObjectDataSource doesn't use SOAP (unless it's specifically used by
    your data object), the page is reloaded from the server. You can,
    however, use ASP.NET AJAX (Atlas) to do a partial page refresh without
    reloading the whole page.

    Chris Fulstow, Oct 2, 2006

  3. Re: GridView & ObjectDataSource (functionality is client side orserver side?)

    * Chris Fulstow wrote:
    > The ObjectDataSource doesn't use SOAP (unless it's specifically used by
    > your data object), the page is reloaded from the server.

    But the ObjectDataSource binds to a WebService that returns a DataSet,
    so what is going on here then?

    Angel Of Death, Oct 2, 2006