gridView with x Columns and 2Rows / record

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Timo, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Timo

    Timo Guest

    Hi there,

    I need to create a datagrid which holds for one record with many columns two
    rows. (How everyone know the standard is one record one row).
    I can do this if I put within a datagrid a custom table. But I do not like
    this because I need to sort each column independend.

    It should looks like

    ProductID, ProductTitle
    ProductDescription
    ProductID, ProductTitle
    ProductDescription

    Is there any way to do that?

    Regards
    Timo

    Timo, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Timo

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Using TemplateColumn in DataGrid, and TemplateField in GridView? With them
    you can set the layout as you like (put table into the template). Another
    one is Repeater, when you have even more control over the markup.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

    Teemu Keiski, Apr 30, 2006