Grouped grid? Or grid within datalist?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Danny Tuppeny, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    I've got two tables, Tour and Gig. The Gig table has a TourID, to give a
    one-many relationship. I'm currently displaying a whole list of Gigs without
    tours, but I'd like to display it like:

    Tour 1
    Gig 1 date
    Gig 2 date
    Tour 2
    Gig 3 date
    Gig 4 date
    Gig 5 date
    Gig 6 date
    Tour 3
    Gig 7 date
    Gig 8 date

    Something like the Group options on a WinForms ListView. Is this possible? I
    tried moving the grid into a datalist, but then figured I can't set the
    SqlDataSource differently for each instance of the grid.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Danny Tuppeny, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Hi Will,

    Take a look at 2 examples I have:
    1- http://www.societopia.net/Samples/DataGrid_Hierarchy.aspx
    2- http://www.societopia.net/Samples/DataList_Hierarchy.aspx
    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, Oct 27, 2005