GUI for C++

Joe C

I have a simple question about GUI programming with C++. i have been
working with perl/TK and it is a realy good GUI creating tool. It is
easy and effective for creating GUIs. I would like to know if there is
a good GUI extension for win/C++? I am using Dev C++. I have seen qt
book. I don't know how good this system is. I also have Borland C++
builder but it lacks documentation. I would like to find a good GUI
library that is well documented and easy to learn. I have seen some
libs but the documentation was lacking.

Victor Bazarov

Joe C said:
I have a simple question about GUI programming with C++. i have been
working with perl/TK and it is a realy good GUI creating tool. It is
easy and effective for creating GUIs. I would like to know if there is
a good GUI extension for win/C++? I am using Dev C++. I have seen qt
book. I don't know how good this system is. I also have Borland C++
builder but it lacks documentation. I would like to find a good GUI
library that is well documented and easy to learn. I have seen some
libs but the documentation was lacking.

Qt is actually worth your while simply because your application that
uses it is likely to require very little effort when porting to any
other platform on which Qt exists.

Denis Remezov

Joe said:
I have a simple question about GUI programming with C++. i have been
working with perl/TK and it is a realy good GUI creating tool. It is
easy and effective for creating GUIs. I would like to know if there is
a good GUI extension for win/C++? I am using Dev C++. I have seen qt
book. I don't know how good this system is. I also have Borland C++
builder but it lacks documentation. I would like to find a good GUI
library that is well documented and easy to learn. I have seen some
libs but the documentation was lacking.

[OT]
You can find a few hints here:
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/928/
It actually talks about multiple platforms, not just Unix with X Window.
There is a long discussion thread at the end.
[/OT]

Denis

Daniel Blankensteiner

Joe said:
I have a simple question about GUI programming with C++. i have been
working with perl/TK and it is a realy good GUI creating tool. It is
easy and effective for creating GUIs. I would like to know if there is
a good GUI extension for win/C++? I am using Dev C++. I have seen qt
book. I don't know how good this system is. I also have Borland C++
builder but it lacks documentation. I would like to find a good GUI
library that is well documented and easy to learn. I have seen some
libs but the documentation was lacking.

www.wxwidgets.org

br
db

Max Meyer

Joe C said:
I have a simple question about GUI programming with C++. i have been
working with perl/TK and it is a realy good GUI creating tool. It is
easy and effective for creating GUIs. I would like to know if there is
a good GUI extension for win/C++? I am using Dev C++. I have seen qt
book. I don't know how good this system is. I also have Borland C++
builder but it lacks documentation. I would like to find a good GUI
library that is well documented and easy to learn. I have seen some
libs but the documentation was lacking.

You can use gtkmm. A portation from gtk to c++ for Win32.
More at www.gtkmm.org

tom_usenet

I have a simple question about GUI programming with C++. i have been
working with perl/TK and it is a realy good GUI creating tool. It is
easy and effective for creating GUIs. I would like to know if there is
a good GUI extension for win/C++? I am using Dev C++. I have seen qt
book. I don't know how good this system is. I also have Borland C++
builder but it lacks documentation. I would like to find a good GUI
library that is well documented and easy to learn. I have seen some
libs but the documentation was lacking.

I've never done it, but I've heard that writing the GUI in Python,
then interfacing with C++ is a good technique. You even get to use Tk
again! See www.python.org and
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/index.html

Tom

Cornelis Wessels