    When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the picture
    although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works correctly. What am
    I doing wrong? I'm using msoffice to create the page.

    Chuck, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Chuck

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Chuck <> said:

    > I have an html with pictures inserted.

    URL?

    > I have assigned a hyperlink to the
    > picture.

    URL?

    > When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the picture

    URL?

    > although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works correctly.

    URL?

    > What am
    > I doing wrong?

    Without a URL I can't tell.

    > I'm using msoffice to create the page.

    You just answered your own question.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 7, 2004

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Chuck" <> writing in

    > I have an html with pictures inserted. I have assigned a hyperlink to
    > the picture.
    > When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the
    > picture although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works
    > correctly. What am I doing wrong? I'm using msoffice to create the
    > page.

    Well, there's your problem. You created it with msoffice. MsOffice (I
    am assuming Word) is not an HTML editor, and it puts in all sorts of
    unweildy, bloated stuff in the page.

    You need to look at some HTML tutorials, <http://www.w3schools.com> comes
    to mind, get a plain text editor, like <http://www.html-kit.com> or just
    plain notepad will do, and write the page.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    Please respond to the Group so others can share

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Chuck

    Neal Guest

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:49:43 -0500, Chuck <> wrote:

    > I have an html with pictures inserted. I have assigned a hyperlink to the
    > picture.
    > When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the
    > picture
    > although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works correctly.
    > What am
    > I doing wrong?

    Oh man, I'm getting SO tired of this.

    How the hell am I supposed to tell what's wrong when you don't provide a
    URL to an example of your problem?

    There is no excuse for this omission. Probably 20% of the posts here ask
    for a damned URL, and if you tried to research the problem a little before
    asking you'd have encountered this request.

    > I'm using msoffice to create the page.

    Absolute worst way to make a page. FrontPage is a step up, and it's six
    floors below the ocean floor as it is.

    Neal, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Chuck

    JimO Guest

    A good free HTML editor is a http://www.evrsoft.com

    JimO, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Chuck

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Chuck wrote:

    > I have an html with pictures inserted. I have assigned a hyperlink to the
    > picture.
    > When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the
    > picture although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works
    > correctly. What am I doing wrong? I'm using msoffice to create the page.

    Fix it with css:

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com