hand pointer

Chuck

I have an html with pictures inserted. I have assigned a hyperlink to the
picture.
When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the picture
although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works correctly. What am
I doing wrong? I'm using msoffice to create the page.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
I have an html with pictures inserted.
URL?

I have assigned a hyperlink to the
picture.
URL?

When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the picture
URL?

although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works correctly.
URL?

What am
I doing wrong?

Without a URL I can't tell.
I'm using msoffice to create the page.

You just answered your own question.

Adrienne Boswell

I have an html with pictures inserted. I have assigned a hyperlink to
the picture.
When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the
picture although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works
correctly. What am I doing wrong? I'm using msoffice to create the
page.

Well, there's your problem. You created it with msoffice. MsOffice (I
am assuming Word) is not an HTML editor, and it puts in all sorts of
unweildy, bloated stuff in the page.

You need to look at some HTML tutorials, <http://www.w3schools.com> comes
to mind, get a plain text editor, like <http://www.html-kit.com> or just
plain notepad will do, and write the page.

Neal

I have an html with pictures inserted. I have assigned a hyperlink to the
picture.
When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the
picture
although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works correctly.
What am
I doing wrong?

Oh man, I'm getting SO tired of this.

How the hell am I supposed to tell what's wrong when you don't provide a
URL to an example of your problem?

There is no excuse for this omission. Probably 20% of the posts here ask
for a damned URL, and if you tried to research the problem a little before
asking you'd have encountered this request.
I'm using msoffice to create the page.

Absolute worst way to make a page. FrontPage is a step up, and it's six
floors below the ocean floor as it is.

Jan Faerber

Chuck said:
I have an html with pictures inserted. I have assigned a hyperlink to the
picture.
When I open the page I don't get the hand pointer to appear over the
picture although the picture shows nicely and the hyperlink works
correctly. What am I doing wrong? I'm using msoffice to create the page.

Fix it with css: