Handling Bounced E-Mails

Frank

Hello All,

I am exploring and developing a plan for a C# web app or windows app to
handle bounced emails.

Basically, I need to develop a system where I weed out bad addresses in our
db...but after reading the articles listed below, I see that there are
various responses the server will respond with if the send fails. I would
like to parse the message, and categorize the address accordingly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It would be nice to have it be
web based, but it could be a Windows app as well.

I have found two useful articles on the topic so far:

The first is very interesting but in the end I discovered that the code
requires the use of some purchased software. It does however give a good
overall explanation of how I could approach my objective.
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/clean_your_address_list.asp

The second article is also good and exemplifies how to use the .NET Sockets
class but I can't seem to get it to compile... is it supposed to be for a
web app? I am not even sure...
http://www.webonweboff.com/tips/asp/email.aspx

Thanks in Advance