Handling multiple postbacks to a page

Tina

I have an aspx page with a textbox and an "add to my Account Button." when
the button is pushed, my program adds the amount in the textbox to the
database which, lets say takes a few seconds. If the user rapidly clicks on
the "add to my Account Button" it generates multiple postbacks, which I
believe all get processed asyncronously.

I don't want for it to work this way. I don't want the user to be able to
issue another postback until I have issued a response.

Is there anyway I can make this happen?
thanks

Tina

Robbe,
I implemented that javascript on my page that has (1) a button that causes a
postback and database update and (2) a dropdown that has autopostback - true
that will also cause a postback and a database update. The javascript code
works fine if the button is hit multiple times but does now work if the
dropdown is rapidly changed.

Would you know why an how this might be fixed?
Thanks,