    control? Am I missing something here, or is that just the way it is?

    Thanks,
    John
    JohnH., Apr 18, 2005

  2. JohnH.

    Brock Allen Guest

    I don't know of one. The cloest thing I've seen is ASP.NET User Controls ;)

    And I've heard of people taking the generated code for the ASCX and then
    copying that into their custom composite control implementation. I guess
    that'd work (but seems just as tedious to me).

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Apr 19, 2005

  3. JohnH.

    JohnH. Guest

    Hmmm.... that is an interesting idea, taking the code from a user
    control and porting it over to a custom control. Yeah, it does sound a
    little tedious (Visual Studio spoils us so). But, I think that will
    help me out for what I want to do. Thanks for the idea Brock.
    JohnH., Apr 19, 2005
  4. JohnH.

    Guest

    If somebody knew a reliable way to get ahold of the UserControl's
    Contents i wouldn't mind trying to take a stab at the actual parsing.
    I've not bothered to ry doing it because attempting to get the controls
    , Apr 19, 2005