Has anyone ever seen dependent/dynamic checkboxes based on selectedvalue?

CSTechie

Hello.

I've used dependent select boxes many times over, but now I need to
create a list of checkboxes based on the value selected in a select
box. So if value "A" is select all of the items related to "A" are
displayed in a list with checkboxes next to them. If "B" is selected,
"B's" values are in the list, etc...

Has anyone done or seen something like this before?

THANKS!!!!

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

CSTechie said:
I've used dependent select boxes many times over, but now I need to
create a list of checkboxes based on the value selected in a select
box. So if value "A" is select all of the items related to "A" are
displayed in a list with checkboxes next to them. If "B" is selected,
"B's" values are in the list, etc...

Since there is no such built-in widget in HTML as a checkbox list, you
will either have to use another markup language (say, XUL) or populate a
(scrollable) block-level element (say, a `fieldset' element) with those
checkboxes.
Has anyone done or seen something like this before?

Yes, as I suppose your favorite search engine will happily show you.
THANKS!!!!

Your Shift and `!' keys are malfunctioning.

PointedEars