Having 2-row customized header within the DataGrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Martin Raychev, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I am trying to create a page in ASP.NET with the DataGrid control while
    looking to my previously programmed ASP pages with ordinary HTML tables.

    The problem is that I cannot find a way to create a custom header to my
    table emitted from the DataGrid control. It has several columns some of
    which are like subcategories of a parent category. Like this:

    **********************
    * PERSON *
    **********************
    * First Name * Last Name *
    **********************
    * {data} * {data} *

    i.e. with simple plain HTML table it's quite possible, yet it seems that
    this is not with the ASP.NET DataGrid. I've tried with a HTML table just
    glued to the top of the DataGrid but it's not the same effect - it's quite
    obvious. The other thing I thought is having a template column and write
    both FirstName & LastName in ONE Column. However still the question of
    putting an additional top row to the header remains.

    Has anybody got a solution to this issue?

    Thank you,

    Martin Raychev
    Martin Raychev, Feb 20, 2004

    Regards,