Having 2-row customized header within the DataGrid

Martin Raychev

Hi,

I am trying to create a page in ASP.NET with the DataGrid control while
looking to my previously programmed ASP pages with ordinary HTML tables.

The problem is that I cannot find a way to create a custom header to my
table emitted from the DataGrid control. It has several columns some of
which are like subcategories of a parent category. Like this:

**********************
* PERSON *
**********************
* First Name * Last Name *
**********************
* {data} * {data} *

i.e. with simple plain HTML table it's quite possible, yet it seems that
this is not with the ASP.NET DataGrid. I've tried with a HTML table just
glued to the top of the DataGrid but it's not the same effect - it's quite
obvious. The other thing I thought is having a template column and write
both FirstName & LastName in ONE Column. However still the question of
putting an additional top row to the header remains.

Has anybody got a solution to this issue?

Thank you,

Martin Raychev