Having problem with Struts+Tiles.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joshua, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. Joshua

    Joshua Guest

    hello there,
    i'm having some problem with struts+tiles.

    I will show you my struts-config.xml first.

    <action path="/student" name="TilesTemplateForm" type="..."
    scope="request">
    <forward name="success" path="student.list"/>
    </action>

    when the server receives /student.do request, it performs some logic
    and forwards to 'student.list' tile.
    definition of the tile 'student.list ' is as follow

    <definition name="student.list" extends="StudentTemplate">
    <put name="body" value="/generic/list.do" />
    </definition>

    but the problem is, that the result screen of web browser shows
    nothing.
    but when i replace /generic/list.do with normal jsp file, it works very
    well..!

    is this a well-known problem?
    i have to use .do url pattern.
    please help me guys.

    thanks.

    - joshua.
    Joshua, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Joshua

    Viator Guest

    Where is the entry for /generic/list.do in struts-config?

    Amit :)
    Viator, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Joshua

    Joshua Guest

    entry for /generic/list.do action is in another struts config file
    (generic-config.xml)
    i have divided the struts configs into few files.
    when i try to access /generic/list.do on web browser directly, it shows
    correct result.
    Joshua, Dec 15, 2005