Having trouble accessing my app. through the VS dev. web server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joern Schou-Rode, Oct 27, 2008.

  1. Whenever I try to access any of my ASP.NET MVC (beta version) applications
    through the Visual Studio development server, I get the followin message
    in a yellow screen of death:

    Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll' or
    one of its dependencies. The check of the module's hash failed. (Exception
    from HRESULT: 0x80131039)

    Has anyone also seen this one before?

    I am not quite sure how long the problem has been around, but it sure has
    not been there more than one week or so. Searching the error message gives
    some hits, but they all seme to suggest a corrupt .NET Framework
    installation. Could it be triggered by the upgrade from ASP.NET MVC
    preview 5 til ASP.NET MVC beta, or maybe one of the patches distributed
    through Windows Update last week?

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Joern Schou-Rode