Having Web Page Refresh and go to end of page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by miTch, Jul 7, 2005.

  1. miTch

    miTch Guest

    I am trying to use the following to get a web page to auto refresh every 3
    secs and go to the end of the web page. Refresh works but it will not jump
    to the name anchor. Any help?

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <META http-equiv="REFRESH" content="3;'what.htm#TheEnd'">
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
    <CENTER>
    <TABLE width="600">
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top align=left>
    Tons o content
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </CENTER>
    <A name="TheEnd">You Are At The End</A>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    miTch, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Your syntax is all botched up.
    <META http-equiv="REFRESH" content="3;url=what.htm#TheEnd">

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 7, 2005

  3. miTch

    miTch Guest

    Thanks for you help. This does refresh the page one time. After that it
    stops. I am looking for a continual refresh. Any help?

    Kevin

    miTch, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Sure, use JavaScript, in which case you can do it all without worrying about
    the <meta> tag.

    <script>
    var a = window.setTimeout('window.location.reload();',3000);
    window.location.hash = '#TheEnd';
    </script>

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 7, 2005
  5. miTch

    miTch Guest

    Ah, didn't think of that. Thanks again for the help!

    miTch, Jul 7, 2005