Heading Style

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Cathie, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Cathie

    Cathie Guest

    Hi All,

    I'd like to set my heading style to the following:
    ..ListHeading, .ListHeading:link, .ListHeading:visited

    {

    color: Black;

    font-weight: bold;

    font-family: Verdana;

    font-size: x-small;

    text-decoration: none;

    border-bottom: solid thin gray;

    cursor: hand;

    }

    ..ListHeading:hover

    {

    color: goldenrod;

    text-decoration: underline;

    cursor: hand;

    }

    I have set the HeaderStyle.CssClass to "ListHeading" in the properties pane,
    but it doesn't completely work. Only the font-size and font-family
    properties seem to work (I can change these in my style sheet and it will
    change). Does anyone know what is going on? I have sorting turned on, is
    this upsetting my style somehow?

    Thanks in advance,

    Cathie

    Cathie, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Cathie

    David Guest

    In article <>, Cathie wrote:

    > I have set the HeaderStyle.CssClass to "ListHeading" in the properties pane,
    > but it doesn't completely work. Only the font-size and font-family
    > properties seem to work (I can change these in my style sheet and it will
    > change). Does anyone know what is going on? I have sorting turned on, is
    > this upsetting my style somehow?

    HeaderStyle.CssClass affects the class assigned to the TR element of the
    header row. You can't change pseudo-classes like :hover from there.

    One solution would be to specify your styles to affect anchors found
    inside cells inside the header row. OK, that sentence barely makes
    sense even to me, but an example should make it clear...

    ..ListHeading TD A, .ListHeading TD A:link, .ListHeading TD A:visited
    {

    color: Black;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-family: Verdana;
    font-size: x-small;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

    ..ListHeading TD A:hover
    {
    color: goldenrod;

    David
    dfoster at
    hotpop dot com

    David, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Cathie

    Cathie Guest

    Thank-you very much. This worked a treat when I just left the "A" for
    :link, :visited and :hover.

    Cathie, Oct 28, 2003